We’re obsessively curating a collection of links that we believe will be of interest to our readers. Check back often, as we’re constantly adding more!
Bike Blogs: More bicycle-centric blogging action.
- Girl Bike Love: A great cycling resource for women.
- Cyclelicious: Bike culture in the US.
- Bike Blog NYC: Cycling-centric news and events in NYC.
- Bike Snob NYC: An often hilarious critique of NYC cycling culture.
- Brooklyn Cyclist: The adventures of a local rider.
- Bikeyface: Cycling culture, drawn by hand, old-school style.
- Bike Shop Girl: The observations of a female bike mechanic in the Southeast. Lots of riding tips and inspiration for woman riders of all skill levels.
- Bicycle Utopia: New York City culture–experienced on two wheels. Written designed by NYC local Jeanne Hilary.
- Urban Cyclist Worldwide: Keeping a finger on the pulse of urban cycling around the globe.
- Bike Crazy: Contrary to what the blog name implies, this is a great source of safety tips for cyclists, all in 140 characters or less. Just don’t try to ride and read at the same time!
- All-City Cycles Blog: An inside look at what goes on at All-City.
- Velojoy: Cycling culture with an emphasis on style and women
- Velo Orange Blog: Get a sneek peek at what’s new at Velo Orange, as well as ideas for customizing your ride.
Local Sites: Bicycles and other fun stuff in Brooklyn and NYC.
- Brooklyn Based: Local listings and events in Brooklyn.
- Brokelyn: Brooklyn on the cheap!
- Bed-Stuy Bounty: Bringing organic produce and healthy food to Bedford-Stuyvestant.
- Gothamist: News from around NYC, with a hint of sarcasm.
Bike Advocacy: Organizations that work to improve cycling law and infrastructure, in New York and elsewhere.
- Transportation Alternatives: The oldest and most effective cycling-advocacy organization. Also serving users of mass transit, pedestrians, and other under-represented road users.
- Momentum Magazine: A publication dedicated to making the cycling lifestyle more accessible nationwide (and Canada too!)
- Streetsblog: What’s going down on the streets of New York.
- Time’s Up: A bike advocacy organization with emphasis on the environment.
- Transportation Nation: News and issues concerning all modes of transportation
- Occupy Wall Street Bike Coalition: Political action and cycling. OWS Bike Coalition hosts a number of free-bike-repair events.
- Bike New York: Facilitating and promoting cycling throughout the five boroughs, through education, events, and rides. Famous for organizing the Five Boro Bike Tour.
Cycling Clubs: Find a group ride that’s just your speed.
- We Bike NYC: A community of women who ride bicycles. We Bike empowers women through social rides, training rides, workshops, and field trips. Highly recommended for experienced riders and total newbies alike!
Brands We Like: All Bicycle Roots approved; you can find their products in our store.
- All-City Cycles: Bikes and components from All-City.
- Brompton Folding Bikes: High0quality folding bicycles from Brompton.
- Civia Cycles: City bikes from Civia.
- Endura: High performance cycling clothing from Endura.
- Nona Varnado: Cycling clothing that’s as fashionable off the bike as it is on
- Scott: Bikes and gear from Scott Bikes.
- Surly: Steel touring and cyclocross bikes from Surly.
- Vespertine: Stylish reflective gear to keep you visible–without making you look like an MTA track worker.
- Velo Orange: High-quality components and accessories with a classic look from Velo Orange.
- Yuba: Cargo bikes and accessories from manufacturer Yuba.